Learn More Hear and Now:
Introduction to Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) Hearing Screening
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Noon – 1 p.m. EDT
Improving OAE Screening and Follow-up: Intermediate Level Webinar for Early Head Start Programs Conducting OAE Hearing Screenings
Friday, May 9, 2014
Noon – 1 p.m. EDT
Each day, children with hearing loss attend Early Head Start programs. How will we identify who they are? Join Early Childhood Hearing Outreach (ECHO) for a webinar on Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) screening methods. Learn about appropriate hearing screening practices for children ages birth to 3 and how to implement them in your program. Early Head Start staff may choose to attend the introductory or intermediate level webinar based on their OAE experience.
Topics for the introductory webinar include:
- OAE hearing screening technology
- How to establish effective hearing screening protocols within your program
- Follow-up strategies for children who don’t pass the hearing screening
Topics for the intermediate level webinar include:
- Obtaining a good probe fit
- Strategies for screening young children
- Screening and follow-up protocols
- Reporting children identified with permanent hearing loss
Before the Webinars:
- Watch this brief preview of our topic
- View the following six-minute video
- Send any questions after you watch the video to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, May 6.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit an array of audience members, including: Early Head Start, Migrant and Seasonal Head Start, and American Indian and Alaska Native Head Start staff working with children ages birth to 3; and those who support hearing screening activities at the state or community level for infants and toddlers.
How to Participate
Register early! Space for each webinar is limited to 100 participants. Select the links to register.
Introductory webinar: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=xcjxpbdab&oeidk=a07e92dkmjkaa1a7d5b
Intermediate webinar: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=xcjxpbdab&oeidk=a07e92dlxn4b94f7429
You will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the webinar.