The NRC is partnering with the National Collaborative on Advancing Breastfeeding in Child Care (NCABC) to support their effors in building state-level programs to support breastfeeding in early care and education programs. We will be presenting during the first half of their upcoming webinar. Please consider joining and feel free to forward this opportunity to interested colleagues.
UPCOMING WEBINAR: “Best Practices for Supporting Breastfeeding in Early Care and Education Settings”
TARGET AUDIENCE: The webinar is intended for those at the area and/or state-level who are interested in developing or have developed statewide breastfeeding support for early care and education programs.
TWO DATES: Tuesday, May 13 (1:00-2:00 ET) OR Wednesday, May 14 (3:00-4:00 ET).
Sponsored by the National Collaborative on Advancing Breastfeeding in Child Care (NCABC)
Webinar presenters will:
1. Provide a history of Caring for Our Children: National Health and Safety Standards (CFOC) and background on development/revision of standards
2. Discuss CFOC standards that supporting breastfeeding in child care, specifically milk handling/storage
3. Discuss how these standards can be used to influence state regulations/QRIS
4. Present related data from Achieving a State of Healthy Weight 2013, an annual report of the National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care
and Early Education (NRC) on the status of obesity prevention best practices in the States’ child care licensing regulations.
5. Present two infant-/toddler-related resources from the NRC: The new Infant and Toddler CFOC3 collection and the Infant Feeding Toolkit
6. Invite Collaborative state members to talk briefly about their work related to supporting breastfeeding in child care.
Jean M. Cimino, MPH
CFOC3 Content Manager, National Resource for Health and Safety in Child Care and Education (NRC)
Linda Satkowiak, ND, RN, CNS, NCSN
Child Care Health and Safety Nurse Consultant, National Resource for Health and Safety in Child Care and Education (NRC)
Kathleen L. Anderson, MEd, CLC
Director, Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Project
Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Department of Maternal and Child Health
For webinar login information, contact Kathleen Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-445-0328.
Source: National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Education