Discover MyPlate is fun and inquiry-based nutrition education that fosters the development of healthy food choices and physically active lifestyles during a critical developmental and learning period for children — kindergarten.
Kindergarten teachers can meet education standards for Math, Science, English Language Arts, and Health using the 6 ready-to-go and interactive lessons. Children become food-smart as they practice counting, reading, writing, and more. Fun characters and developmentally appropriate activities engage children in:
- Exploring healthy choices from each of the MyPlate food groups
- Discovering the colorful variety of fruits and vegetables and how they grow
- Identifying feelings of hunger and fullness
- Selecting balanced meals and healthy snacks
- Experiencing the fun and importance of being physically active
Available: in PDF, for download. If you have difficulty opening any of these files in your Internet browser, please right-click on the link and “save target as…” to download. Printed copies expected in Fall 2014.
Source: Food and Nutrition Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
Available at: http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/discover-myplate