Thursday, September 11, 2014
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm EST
11:00 am to 12:30 pm CDT
10:00 am to 11:30 am MDT
9:00 am to 10:30 am PST
Children’s developing systems and unique behaviors make them more vulnerable than adults to being harmed by unhealthy environments, such as a child care setting that contains harmful, common chemicals. How can entities that are dedicated to protecting children’s health and development build their capacity to better protect children’s health?
Presenters on this webinar will discuss the lessons learned by their organization in the process of adopting policies or practices to protect children’s environmental health. New resources on children’s environmental health for child care professionals will also be shared.
Colleen Tracy Haddad, Executive Director
Association for Early Learning Leaders: National Accreditation Commission
Jean M. Cimino, Content Co-Manager for Caring For Our Children, 3rd Edition
National Resource Center for Health & Safety in Child Care and Early Education NRC
Marcus Williams, Executive Director
National Association for Regulatory Administration NARA
Moderator: Nsedu Obot Witherspoon, Executive Director
Children’s Environmental Health Network
Who should participate?
- Board members, executives, and staff at public health organizations and agencies
- Board members, executives, and staff at child care professional organizations and agencies
- Child care licensing staff and child care nurse health consultants
- Owners and managers of child care, early care, and learning facilities
- State legislators and other elected officials interested in child health and development
On the morning of the webinar you will receive an email invitation with a link to join the webinar.
Source: Association for Early Learning Leaders, National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs