Early Childhood News Update offers news, resources, and funding notices for Head Start/Early Head Start, child care and other early education professionals. This resource compiles information from a wide-range of resources including Federal announcements, news alerts related to early childhood services, and other media resources. Each entry contains a direct clipping from the link provided.
To help you as you search specific topics, types of resources, or information, each item is tagged with the appropriate terms.
Additionally, feel free to add comments or requests to items you see.
About the blogger, Amanda Schwartz, Ph.D.:
As a consultant, former teacher, and a parent of two young children, I understand how important it is to have access to the latest and most innovative thinking about early care and education. I work with educators and administrators to develop the best ways to support children and families through real-time learning, problem-solving, and reflective supervision. I developed this blog to help professionals and families stay current and find the best resources and information to make effective, evidence-based decisions.
Other Publications written or co-written by Amanda Schwartz, Ph.D.:
- Engaging Families of Children with Disabilities: Systematically Planning to Create Positive Experiences and Meet Expectations (Webinar)
- Using What You Know to Plan for Child Success: Data-Driven Decision Making in Early Childhood Environments (Webinar)
- Weaving Connections (2014 Revision)
- Health Manager’s Orientation Guide
- Health Services to Promote Attendance
- Digging Deeper into Safety and Injury Prevention Data and Using Stepping Stones and Compliance with Care to Support Infants and Toddlers
- Tips for Keeping Children Safe: A Developmental Guide
- Making the Link between Health and School Readiness
- What is Injury Prevention?
- Active Supervision
- Healthy Children are Ready to Learn
- When Health Affects Assessment
- Supervising Children on Head Start Buses: A Webinar from the Head Start National Center on Health
- Start Up Planner Tips for Working with Early Head Start: Building Collaborations to Serve Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities and their Families
- Start Up Planner Tips for Working with Early Head Start: Pregnant Women and Expectant Families
Emergency Preparedness Webcast
- Head Start Emergency Preparedness Manual
- Social Skills and Academic Achievement
- Assessment and Accommodations
- Oral Health Resources for Young Children with Disabilities
- Asthma as a Disabling Condition and a Complicating Factor in Other Disabilities
- Strategies to Improve Access to the General Education Curriculum
- Aligning IEPs with State Standards and Accountability Systems
- Literacy Rich Environments
- A Qualitative Description of Collaborative Teams in Today’s Classroom
- The “Aha” Guide to Maximizing School Resources: Tips for Obtaining What Is Available
- A Guide for Education Personnel: Selecting an Intervention or Program
- Everyone Wins: Accessing the General Education Curriculum in Various Settings